Re: [SLE] rescue system and reiser
  • From: "Purple Shirt" <purpleshirt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:08:53

I been using reiser since 6.4 and I am liking it despite my recent troubles of no recovery option. I wish SuSE would go the extra step and default to reiser and 2.4 and quit messing with backward support to 2.2. I think this is what causes the troubles. If you put 2.4 big on your commercial box set it looks like its the default but now it shows its just a option you should chose if you willing to sacrifice rescue abilities and love living in danger.

I am not liking the fact that a distro ships with two distinct kernels. It just asks for these troubles (boot and filesystems problems)

A better method would have probably been to ship 2.2 until 2.4.6 was reached and then make the big jump to 2.4 only.

mk