Re: [SLE] Microsoft Will Sign Safe Harbor Agreement
My initial reaction to the article was:
a) Is it enforcable. How weill M$ satisify the EU - placate them.
b) How will the EU know if M$ is really complying, especially in light or the
XP/.NET/HailStrom roadmap - When they get cracked and a scenario such as you
forecast come to fruition.
c) When it is realized that M$ has pulled another fast one how will the EU
respond?
I see lawsuits, a precipitce fall in comsumer confidence, a fall in M$ stock
and (like you said) a mass exodus of M$ execs. And, maybe, just maybe the
corporates will take heed - only when a public outcry forces them to.
Anything or anyone that threatens the corporate bottom line becomes the
enemy. M$ is already poised to be top dog on hit list of companies not to be
trusted. When they outlive their usefullness then you'll see the real
headlines coming about the evils of M$.

Just my 2 cents.
Curtis Rey