Re: [SLE] inetd or xinetd
  • From: Lenz Grimmer <grimmer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:54:40 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Erez Avraham wrote:

> I'm running Suse 7.1 professional as ya all know, the default is
> inetd, maybe i miss understood it, but I think xinetd is better since
> I can control number of connections to specific services (like ftp)

Yes, that is true.

> should I change to xinetd instead?

This I cannot tell you. Do you _need_ any of xinetd's features?
Then do it.

> is it possible?

Yes, of course - simpy remove "inted" and install "xinetd" using YaST.

LenZ
Lenz Grimmer SuSE GmbH
mailto:grimmer@xxxxxxx Schanzaeckerstr. 10
http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/ 90443 Nuernberg, Germany
When angry, count four; when very angry, swear.