Re: [SLE] Shocked at SuSE 7.1 Upgrade Package
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 May 2001 19:21:43 +0200
Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would like to see a ``keep all newer'' option in the upgrade
> procedure ;)

I agree, but the problem I observed was caused by very slow rpm. It
did much more than just comparing version numbers or stuff like that.

If I remember it right, it took about 1-2 minutes to reject the older
(or somehow strange) package. When I stopped YaST2 and ran rpm from a
command line then the time was about 1-2 minutes, too. Correct
packages were installed quickly.

> As for documentation, since you've bought an upgrade, you should have the
> ``The Book'' from the previous version,w hich gives pretty good update
> info.

The book is also on the SuSE 7.1 CD1 (docu/book-en.pdf directory). I
just think that the chapter 15.2.10 (From 7.0 to 7.1), or the Web
pages it refers to, should contain more information.

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >