Booting with isapnp
  • From: Jim Osborn <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
The README.SuSE file in /usr/doc/packages/isapnp says:
"If the file '/etc/isapnp.conf' exists, the program 'isapnp' will be
executed automatically by '/sbin/init.d/pnp' in runlevel 1, 2 and 3."

I have /sbin/{isapnp,pnpdump}, and the docs, and I've hacked
/etc/isapnp.conf so that there are no conflicts.

But I don't seem to have /sbin/init.d/pnp. I've installed the
isapnp package, set the variable START_ISAPNP="yes" in rc.config,
run /sbin/SuSEconfig. Still, the init.d script is not there.

What do I need to do to get this script installed?
Should I just stick an invocation of /sbin/isapnp in boot.local?
I think the isapnp stuff would need to happen before setting
up the ethernet cards, which are my pnp devices. I'm not sure
boot.local happens early enough.

I'm running SuSE6.3.

TIA,

Jim