Re: [SLE] Common Criteria and ITSEC
  • From: Stefano Papini <stefano.papini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:11:11 +0100
Thanks for replying,
I agree on the fact that it's prioritary to be compliant to
international standards.
So it's important to look for and eventually try to implement (if any)
the needed features.
I thik that this may be an issue of a particular distro, but may also be
a more general issue about GPL software, and the international community
should strongly point out that a systems which is documented from the
source can guarantee real high security as it's not a "black box".

This would be a great competitive advantage point on proprietary, not
open, solutions, I think.

Thank you for your opinion, again.
Best regards,

Stefano Papini

Bruce Perens wrote:

> This is probably a matter for the distributions, who may want to go through
> the certification process in their various market countries.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bruce

  • No further messages