Update Errors!
  • From: "Harold !" <ambrosius1972@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 00:39:33 -0500
I've downloaded the updates from the SuSE ftp server and stored them locally on my Hard Drive. I've tried to use YAST's update feature, however it fails with an error message. "Cannot find SuSE installation directory". I've tried to update manually with yast (Install packages) however it's a very messy method and I'm getting errors heither and yon. (Wine is hosed, even after removal and re-installation). I really need to fix this. I'm planning on replacing ManDrake 7.2 onmy little server with SuSE 7.1 (pro). However this will have to be remedied FIRST. I will burn the updates to cd for archival use, after problem resolution.

Thanks,
Ambrosius