Re: [SLE] apachectl doesn't work Linux/SuSE 7.1
RC levels for SuSE are different than for other Unix distros.
If you are booting up to a graphic interface like KDE, you are booting up
into runlevel 5. So the symbollic links to start/stop scripts need to be
located in /etc/init.d/rc5.d.
In your case, BOTH 'K17apachectl' and 'S22apachectl' need to be in
/etc/init.d/rc5.d

Hope that helps.