Re: [SLE] Resolution
This is my screen section in XF86Config (starts below the next paragraph). I
have added comments behind the lines that will help you understand how the
commands work for the X-server config file.

Linux is not easy, steep learning curve. The big difference is that It's all
developed by people and companies that are concerned with improving the state
of technology without becoming an overbloated, overmarketed financial vacuum
cleaner Linux is fastly becoming a standard by which people that want a
reliable and secure system without having to pay through the nose. If you
believe the Mr. Gates' OS is more to you liking then I certainly recommend
using what you comfortable with. If you interested in being the master of
your own system (this takes time) then run a dual boot system until you can
make the switch (that's what I'm doing). Either way I strongly recommend
that you consider very very hard before doing something like upgrading to XP
or any of the new MS products - not unless you like to rent your software and
don't care who knows about your personal information (and I mean personal
info). Just my 2 cents - Look at the lines below.
Hope this helps. Cheers. Curtis Rey :)

Section "Screen"
DefaultDepth 24 #(this line is the default color depth, please not that
this depth will also allow programs to run in 32 bit)
SubSection "Display"
Depth 15
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" #(my default resolution is
1024x768)
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16