Clock timer configuration
  • From: rjwohlfar@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 21:22:42 -0500 (EST)
I upgraded my kernel to 2.2.19, and this message started appearing in
my logs. The new kernel is from the k_deflt package.
kernel: probable hardware bug: clock timer configuration lost
- probably a VIA686a.
kernel: probable hardware bug: restoring chip configuration.

What needs to be done to fix it? What does it mean?

I also had to adjust my BIOS clock at the same time. I used "hwclock" to
change the time. So maybe it's realted to that?

--
Robert Wohlfarth
rjwohlfar@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Is not life more important than food, and the body more
important than clothes?" -- Matthew 6:25b

  • No further messages