Re: [SLE] JetDirect
  • From: Juergen Braukmann <juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:51:26 +0200
James Ogley wrote:

> None of them, the queue name is catually entirely arbitary (sp?)

it probably defaults to raw if none is given. I was trying bot raw and
text ages ago and left my entries as it worked best... ;-)

> Here's my printcap:
>
> #
> lp|remote printer on 10.0.0.8:\
> :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
> :rm=10.0.0.8:\
> :rp=blerko:\
> :bk:sh:mx#0:
>
> 'blerko' has been blerko, vilaser, fish, and any number of other
> strings, they all work :)
>
> Hope that helps you, can anyone help me choose my paper tray? :)

Hi James,

I guess the paper tray option is a printer driver option.
HP-Laserjet 4000 Hmm. Yesterday, I experimented with StarOffice and
printer setup. But no further hints from there.

Another idea might be to use the printers' setup panel to (re)define the
default paper tray, change the paper over (probably to simple) or telnet
into the printer and talk to the jet direct card on these matters
personally.

I think it will end up changing the *default* paper tray and that is not
what you realy want.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __