Re: [SLE] Linux-2.4.4SuSE
Hi,
I was wondering what the proper kernel update method is for SuSE? I'm running
the vanilla 2.4.4 kernel that I downloaded from ftp.kernel.org, since SuSE
didn't have a 2.4.4 yet and I needed the support for my USB Scanner. Reading
this list, it looks like there might be an issue though, since I'm running
modutils-2.4.2-14 from SuSE with this kernel. Is this really an issue, and
should I use a SuSE specific 2.4.4 kernel? If so, what RPMs do I
download/install and in what order, and what do I do after installing them?

Thanks for any help,
Steven

On Friday 18 May 2001 08:38 am, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> * Stefano Papini <stefano.papini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Fri, May 18, 2001 at
> 01:15:07PM +0100)
>
> > Hello,
> > another topic.
> > On Tuesday I dwnlded latest Linux-2.4.4SuSE, enabled scsi devices for my
> > adaptec UW2 2940 and on booting I got a "stream" of msgs about parity
> > error (or something like that...).
> >
> > Is scsi support broken as it was in some other 2.4.x kernel?
>
> No,
> at least not in the 2.4.4 I downloaded from Suses website last week.
> I've installed this on 3 machines with adaptec scsi card
> all use the aix7xxx driver, none of them have problems.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Gerhard den Hollander Phone +31-10.280.1515
> Global Technical Support Fax +31-10.280.1511
> Jason Geosystems BV (When calling please note: we are in
> GMT+1)
>
> gdenhollander@xxxxxxxxxxxx POBox 1573
> visit us at http://www.jasongeo.com 3000 BN Rotterdam
> JASON.......#1 in Reservoir Characterization The Netherlands
>
> This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
> addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
> privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do
> not disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message. If you
> have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us immediately by
> telephone and destroy the original message.

< Previous Next >