Re: multiple startproc
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 17 May 2001, Hans Fangohr wrote:

hf> > I'm creating a suseified rpm/srpm complete with initscripts and
hf> > rc.config entries for portsentry, but have run into a problem with the
hf> > initscript itself. I can't find and way to launch 2 startprocs on it, for
hf> > example
hf> > startproc $PORTSENTRY -stcp
hf> > startproc $PORTSENTRY -sudp
hf> >
hf> > because of the way startproc looks for the full command name to determine
hf> > if it's already running. Anyone know a workaround or alternative which
hf> > enables me to still use startproc.
hf> If you are using a version of startproc that is recent enough (for example
hf> the one coming with SuSE 7.1, then you have a new option "-f" which forces
hf> start of a process, even if one with that name exists already.
hf>
hf> Be careful though, there is a switch -f in older versions, but it has
hf> another meaning (and takes one parameter). It has been renamed to -p in
hf> the newer version.
hf>

Unfortunately I havn't upgraded to 7.1, it's still sitting in the box
under my desk. 7.0 has been working so well I havn't had a need to upgrade
it.

hf> Hope that helps,
hf>
hf> Hans
hf>
hf>

--
S.Toms - smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.18

"Humor is a drug which it's the fashion to abuse."
-- William Gilbert