Re: [SLE] Mozilla 0.9 SuSE RPMs
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:01:38 -0700
Because it has to register the components such as plugins. After doing
this all resources will be available to users. So if you do a softlink
to something like flash in the netscape plugins directory and run
mozilla as root. It will pick this up and put it in the global configs.
I am not sure why this has to be done..but Daniel Egger was the first
to tell me this.

* Mads Martin Jørgensen (mmj@xxxxxxxx) [010517 14:53]:
->* EagleIce <eagleice@xxxxxxxxx> [May 17. 2001 14:31]:
->> So it's not even running! What's wrong here???
->
->IIRC is have to be run as root for the first time. Don't ask me why
->though.
->
->--
->Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
->"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic and
->totally illogic, with just a little bit more effort."
-> -- A. P. J.
->
->--
->To unsubscribe send e-mail to suse-linux-e-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx