Re: [SLE] Zip 250 Problem
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 17 May 2001 11:37:47 +0200
hansen <hansen@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:10:07PM -0400, David C. Johanson wrote:
> > O.K., tried setting up the zip drive and though all was well until it
> > wouldn't mount. ...
> >
> try it without spaces in the options:
>
> /dev/hdc4 /zip /vfat user,exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0 0

Skip the slash in /vfat, too:

/dev/hdc4 /zip vfat user,exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0 0

BTW, unless you have a special reason for the options above I rather
suggest

/dev/hdd4 /zip auto noauto,user 0 0

(In some sense, the "user,suid" combination is a security hole.) I've
also seen zip disks using the first partition (hdd1 instead of
hdd4). You can print the zip disk's partition table via "fdisk
/dev/hdd", then "p".

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >