Re: [SLE] Browser
  • From: Corvin Russell <corvinr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 00:33:13 -0400
On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:37:34AM -1100, Internet Niue wrote:

> Konqueror is great and fast, but won't run some stuff.

I've heard this before, but in my experience Konqueror is extremely
sluggish, much more so than Netscape. I like it, I think its features
are great, and actually it has opened every page I've ever tried, but
it is too damn slow. So I use Opera for all but the few pages it won't
open. It's incredibly fast, even if I have many windows open. It's
not adware if you pay for it. I paid for the Windows version, and the
Linux download counted as a $15 upgrade. Personally, unless you have
ideological reasons not to, I recommend springing for Opera. It's just
possible that what is best for all of us is not to have everything
open source, but to have some things open source, and some things done
by small, dedicated companies like Opera.