kernel patching... again
  • From: Stefano Papini <stefano.papini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:25:06 +0100
Hi all,
let's assume I'm absolute idiot:

Last night I dwnloaded all the 2.4.4 ac patches in .gz format and tried
to apply them, after reading the Kernel howto and a recent thread.
So these are the steps followed:

- cd /usr/src
- There I put a link to linux-2.4.4 (with usual "ln -s linux-2.4.4
linux)
then I used the magic formula (magic because my knowledge of patch is
not adequate...)
- bzcat patch-blahblah.gz | patch -p0 (going by memory...)

Well the command stops immediately asking me on which file to apply the
patch... - sorry????

Of course I missed some point (that's why the first assumption), but I
think that the Kernel HOWTO is not so precise...
Any help?

TIA,

Ste

P.S:(for who's eventually interested, in Italy the last letter "e"
sounds as the "E" in gEneral electric, just the first example I get...)

< Previous Next >