Re: [SLE] athlon duron
  • From: "Purple Shirt" <purpleshirt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:25:50

msi 6380 mb 140 bucks
amd athlon 1ghz fsb 266 140 bucks
crucial 256 meg ddr ram 80 bucks

From: Jack Malone <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [SLE] athlon duron
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:33:15 -0500

I'm thinking of ordering a new motherboard ause a7v-e with maybe a duron
750 or 850, both chips are going for under 80 bucks right now. I'm gona
just drop that board an cpu into an existing system an was wondering if I
might run into any problems with the duron chip. the box has an asus mb
with k6-2 450 in it now. plan to recyle that board an cpu for a project for
my roommate.
any pro's or cons are welcome.

thanks

jack
Jack Malone
jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ballistic.com/~jemalone

Luke 4:18-19
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach
good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
(NIV)