Re: [SLE] RE: Reiser and Evolution (was RE: [SLE] Linux Commercial...)
On Tuesday 15 May 2001 07:35 am, Charles Marcus wrote:
> Isn't Evolution a 'GNOME only' app? In other words, will it run under KDE?
>
> Charles

--snip--

This is a majorly misunderstood point in the whole "KDE vs. Gnome" wars
business. Basically, as long as you have the libs installed
(kdelibs/gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel) you can run the apps, and the
window manager in use doesn't really matter. I've also found that most (but
maybe not all) kde and gnome apps can share drag-n-drop as well (ie. I can
drag an mp3 file from Konqueror onto XMMS and it plays).

As an extended example, you can use WinowMaker for your window manager, and
run Kmail (KDE Mail Client) and Lopster (GTK/Gnome based Napster Client)
without any difficulties.

I hope this clears it up for you.

-Steven