Re: [SLE] Linux Commercial Idea as a flop.
> sigh... the thing is, *I* have a degree in Computer Science, plus 10
> years experience in working in programming with sh, C and Java and Unix
> computer system administration - all on various platforms of Unix. I
> have YET to see any command line commands that can not be duplicated
> with a well written text menu or GUI.

I have yet to see a decent text or GUI mechanism for creating shell pipelines
- UNIX or Windows. Regular expressions are another one. Writing GUIs for
simple commands isn't that difficult. Converting the power of the UNIX shell
into a GUI is not yet possible, and maybe never will be. I would suggest that
anyone who thinks it's just a case of arranging enough buttons doesn't really
know the power of the shell interface.