Re: [SLE] top segmentation fault
  • From: stephane parenton <sparenton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:31:37 +0200
Mads Martin Jørgensen wrote:

> * stephane parenton <sparenton@xxxxxxxxxxx> [May 10. 2001 09:51]:
> > P166/64Mb with SuSE 7.0... many things have been updated (such as
> > bind, postfix etc..). I ran top in order to see if everything was
> > ok... I left the room 4 minutes and when i came back, the box was
> > dead... I had to reset it... There has been no damage, everything
> > restarted ok, but I'm scared to use top again, even for seconds
> > only...

> You'd have to provide much more info on how you upgraded etc. etc.
> before that question can be answered.

hi,
I upgraded to rpm4, to Bind 9.1, upgraded postfix, upgraded squid, tripwire and openssh... then did my config. I haven't touched top.

I always took the tar.gz things, and recompile them on the box. Every test done (make test for example when provided) was ok.

bind runs right with no error generation, postfix also, squid is ok.... I have no error generation with activity... The only time the box fall down was after the top launching.... The box froze, with the message given, and I could only reset the box.

please tell me if the infos are enough ...

Regards
Stephane

< Previous Next >