Re: [SLE] Memory Leaks
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 01:49:50 -0700
I will say this. I use to be a big Gnome advocate. I am not anymore. I
just don't think it's as stable or put together as well as KDE2. I have
been using KDE2 since last August and too tell you the truth..I don't
miss Gnome at all. I still use some g programs such as gFTP, GIMP,
Jpilot..but I haven't fired up Gnome as a desktop for months. KDE2 is
damn nice. Give it a try.

* Curtis Rey (crrey@xxxxxxxx) [010513 22:46]:
->I install Gnome 1.4 and playing video games has gotten to be a problem
->because the fps has dropped. Moreover, right arfter a reboot I tried to
->login into my user acct (only had one) and the /home/<user> directory turned
->into a file (hence no user login into /home/<user>) and in logged me into /.
->Even more of a pain, the former directory now file is dated as being created
->on 1970-10-13 with owner under a root querry as ??? and the same for grp at
->256,8.kb. When querried under my new user acct it reads as user=383 and
->grp=446. I regret ever having installed the evil Gnome (and Nautilus - Big
->Deal). I have many unaccouted for resource use and KDE takes longer to load
->(except under /root). Bad coding??

--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx