Re: [SLE] Memory Leaks
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 01:38:35 -0700
* Timothy R. Butler (tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [010513 22:26]:
->Hi Ben,
->> I would carefully examine the processes that are running at the time
->> this occurs. It seems very strange that I haven't see this issues with
->> the same kernel.
->
-> I think it might be something to do with Gnome's Medusa (I have a failed
->Gnome 1.4 install from a few weeks back) thingy, if that's possible. I
->noticed Medusa is setup to run via cron several times a day, and if I
->understand right, it would be accessing the hard drive.
-> Also, pecularly, "find" startup a few minutes ago, and just started
->searching for who knows what, eating between 6-14% of my CPU resources until
->I killed it.

Yeah, I am getting sick of killing that medusa indexing daemon. I
disabled the damn thing but it still runs this medusa-idled all the
time. WTF...grrrr.

--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx