Re: [SLE] Memory Leaks
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 18:35:05 -0700
* Timothy R. Butler (tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [010513 18:33]:
->
->> Has anyone noticed a memory leak in Kernel 2.4.2. Just upgraded to 256megs
->> and still using the swap file. I didn't think that would happen unless I
->> ran a bunch of programs at the same time.
->
-> I have some kind of memory leak problem too. Generally once a day, my hd
->will start thrashing, and eating up CPU resources until it is impossible to
->even run a "killall" command. It always ends in rebooting.

I would carefully examine the processes that are running at the time
this occurs. It seems very strange that I haven't see this issues with
the same kernel.

--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx