Re: [SLE] Free Beer vs. Free Speech
  • From: "Dallam Wych" <dallam_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 08:27:13 -0000
Hi all,
I am a newbie to linux and SuSE, however i did manage to decide which distro to buy, purchase it, install it and get my system up and running without the help of a salesman much less a consultant lol.
$30 is not major money in todays world, and why SuSE even bothered with an free eval I don't know. I don't know of very much shareware for windoze that can be bought for such a meager amount. Personally, I read all I could get my hands on about all the major linux distro's before i decided to buy SuSE. Not only was this helpful to me in the regard of finding exactly the right linux for me, but its hard for a salesman/consultant to BS you when you already know the facts. Geeze, don't anyone mention salesmen or "consultants" for a little while ok? It is really early here and it gets me worked up :o)
Dallam