Re: [SLE] Free Beer vs. Free Speech [was] 7.1 ISO
  • From: dizzy73 <dizzy73@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 00:50:33 -0400
ha!

dude, you are hokey.... (I intentionally kept it two 2 syllables for you)
Ill even give you a definition
hokey=unprofessional

If you're the BIG consultant going after the BIG contracts.... I would think you
could do it in a much more professional manner.

E.g.

1) YOU buy the cds for your client or
2) YOU burn the cds for your client or
3) YOU bring in a FRIKIN machine that’s set up for THE CLIENTS NEEDS!!!

You have heard of "the cost of doing business" haven’t you???

YOU.... are the frikin consultant what the hell do you think that means? It
means your client doesn’t have a clue and is trusting someone
(you) to implement a SOLUTION!
Consultants (professionals) don’t haggle over such a trivial cost as a Linux os.
If you had credibility with your client (and could demonstrate
it) they would pay the market cost + for your services. As long as your dicking
around with downloading evaluation versions ... your
Credibility with any professionals, I assure you, will remain *hokey*
Guaranteed.

Consultants provide a level of confidence and *previous* experience, they don’t
flounder around with evaluation versions

Good luck in your new career