Re: [SLE] Free Beer vs. Free Speech [was] 7.1 ISO
  • From: "Argentium G. Tiger" <agtiger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 21:01:51 -0500
Ben writes:

>" I can't get it for free, so I will pay M$ $129.00 for Windows because
>I am too cheap to pay $30 for the personal edition of SuSE"

Actually, I enjoy buying the professional version of SuSE every time there's
a major feature upgrade I want.

Ok Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for the stickers, but particularly the
lapel pins. ;-)

The free versions of the stuff are nice, but I usually sell others on buying
the pro version by saying, "Sure, there are electronic versions of the
manuals,
but I'm old fashioned enough to enjoy a good book in hand when I want to
look something up." Those I am trying to convince to get SuSE usually are
the same way. Just convinced someone looking to get into linux to go buy
SuSE Pro the other night. Promised to explain things as best I could,
share config files, and do general hand holding, and that sold 'em.

Doin' what I can to keep the distro going strong,
Argentium