Frustrated after updating to KDE 2.1.1 on suse 7.1
  • From: Rafael Herrera <raffo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 19:25:33 -0400
hi,

I've just made a fresh install of suse 7.1 and updated inmediately to
KDE 2.1.1 and XF86 4.0.3.

After creating a few accounts, all logins get stuck whith the message
"Initializing peripherals". It happens when using KDM.

If I use startx from the cosole, the desktop loads fine.

It is very frustrating, every update i've made has had problems related
to KDM, not only in 7.1, but in 7.0 too.

Has anybody seen this behavior? If so, what can be fixed?

Thanks.

--
Rafael