Re: [SLE] Which Kernal to use
On Wednesday 09 May 2001 12:01 am, Shane A Broomhall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been looking at upgrading my kernal from the RPM at ftp.suse.com I
> have noticed several RPM there I have version 7.1 of SUSE on a Laptop. Is
> there a list somewhere that I can read to find out which of the RPM I need
> to install or do I need to do several RPM to make the kernal upgrade work
>
> I wish/need to still have PCMCIA usage for networking.
>

> Thanks in advance for your help.

Shane,

A couple of things you should check before you start compiling kernels:

1. Do you have the package PCMCIA installed from series a1?
2. I just checked and you have posted this question before - did you try the
advice that Rick Green gave you? If so (and it didn't work) what went wrong?

You shouldn't have to re-compile the kernel to configure a PCMCIA network
card.

Jethro