Re: [SLE] StarOffice 5.2 setup freezes in SuSE 7.1
  • From: Stefano Papini <stefano.papini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 13:38:55 +0100
Ciao Ernesto and all the guys,
ok, ok, openoffice it's in "pre-alfa" but it seems to work quite fine
(at least for me).

Ernesto Marquina wrote:

> Ciao Stefano,
>
> hey but the openoffice project is still in pre-alpha AFAIK, so that means is
> not stable at all huh?.

It never crashed on my 2.4.3 and only mis-handed some formats, although
worked better than soffice5.2.

> and yes! I have 7.1, and my staroffice doesnt work at all, it freezes as
> soon as i run the installation script.
>
> do you suggest me to get the binaries from Sun website?

Now, I'm looking forward to try the latest version (I think 6.27, but
I'm not sure): I just downloaded yesterday the binaries from
www.openoffice.org.

How do you run the installation script (with or w/o /net options)?

> i was wondernig, how many if you use HTML mail and ASCII mail as a standard?

Didn't understabd this point: isn't this mail pure formatted in ASCII?

> Suggestion: Why in order to answer to a message that comes from the mailing
> list we have to use the reply all button?, In other mailing list, the
> majordomo, adds the mail of the mailing list to the Reply-to header to all
> the mails that are sent, that seems much more practical huh?

I think that this issue has already been discussed several times.
Although considering the possible improvement on ease of use, I don't
think it's a big problem and, last but not least, it is anyway totally
managed by SuSE team.

Ciao and best regards,

Stefano