Re: [SLE] make xconfig command not working anymore
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 00:30:04 +0200
I think you are referring to this passage:

<Quote from /usr/src/linux-2.4.4.SuSE>
Do NOT use the /usr/src/linux area! This area has a (usually
incomplete) set of kernel headers that are used by the library header
files. They should match the library, and not get messed up by
whatever the kernel-du-jour happens to be.
</Quote>

This does not mean that /usr/src is off-limits to 2.4.x kernels. It just
means that the /usr/src/linux directory should be reserved for the sources or
header files of the running kernel. If you are compiling a new kernel, use
/usr/src/linux-2..4.4.SuSE (f.ex.)

Regards
Anders