Re: LILO or System Commander?
> Has anyone on the list used System Commander Boot
> manager?

Yes, I've used it for years with a number of OSes. Works fine,
although there is a bit of a learning curve. I'm using an older
version (4.something).

On my system, SC boots to LILO when Linux is selected from the OS
selection menu. LILO is installed in the Linux root partition as
recommended in the SC manual, which gives detailed instructions.
You can configure LILO to skip its boot menu so as not to be
presented with a second set of OS selections.

If you want to use SC in place of LILO, the version that I use does
not work without it (that I am aware of), or at least does not
discuss doing so. A newer release might. You might try the V
Communications web site at www.v-comm.com.

Regards,
Rudder