Re: [SLE] Questions about Vmware and Win4Lin
  • From: Jeffrey Taylor <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 10:12:40 -0500
There is a 30 day trial version of VMware on the SuSE 7.x CDs. Try
before you buy. I did this year's taxes using VMware and TurboTax.
No problems. The problems I have had are: don't switch desktops or
minimize/maximize while booting, running two virtual machines at once
is risky (different OSs: Win98 and FreeBSD 4.2), SNMP doesn't
recognize the host-only network and keep statistics for it. It was
slow with only 128MB of memory (win98 uses 190MB of virtual memory
just to boot to the desktop). With 384MB, Win98 runs at near native
speeds. I haven't used Win4Lin.

HTH,
Jeffrey

--
I don't do Windows and I don't come to work before nine.
-- Johnny Paycheck