Re: [SLE] Re: Moving Away From M$.....
  • From: Shane A Broomhall <shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 17:20:25 +1000
Hi All,

With the help of those on this list I have moved my laptop from Win98,
temorarily to RH 7, and this weekend to SUSE 7.1.

I will probably have to purchase a comercial emulator to make MYOB run as my
accountant needs to receive my information in that format, but I have got my
printer soundcard, dial in, PCMCIA network card all working.

My next goal is to get my PCMCIA HP M820 CD burner working, but I remember a
post on that a few months ago. Sitting back watching the kind of support
from this list over the space of a few months helped me decide which version
of Linux to go for. My attempts at using RH have made me appreciate SUSE
even more.

I was dual booting for some time but no more, I just dont have the need.

Thanks to all

Shane

On Sunday 06 May 2001 17:05, Terence McCarthy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just removed another reason I've had to stick with dual booting with
> Lose 95!
>
> Using 7.1, I can now burn audio and data CDRs & CD-RWs using my IDE DVD &
> CD-RW.
> Setting up the drives emulating SCSI was easier than I expected, and the
> results from XCDRoast are excellent.
>
> Thanks again to the list for pointers and ideas over the months.
>

> Now for a DVD player....
>
> And a SB PCI128 card that works with my own compiled kernal....
>
> And a parallel scanner driver.....
>
> And a ....
>

> Terence

< Previous Next >