Re: [SLE] Try Mutt .. [WAS] Re: [SLE] Looking for email client...
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 13:34:02 -0700
* Togan Muftuoglu (toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [010505 13:14]:

}=}Without using procmail once I read the mail in my spool file how can I
}=}set mutt to save the messages to diffrent folders in my ~Mail/
}=}directory

You can put this in your .bashrc :

export MAIL=$HOME/Mail/Incoming

then you can filter your mail with procmail..which I do.

}=}When I use these in my setting the mbox-hooks are not working what am
}=}doing wrong (I am using mutt Mutt 1.3.18i (2001-05-01))

I have this specified in my .muttrc :

set folder=$HOME/Mail # directory with all mail folders

}=}set mbox=~/Mail/Inbox
}=}set copy #save a copy of mail I send

}=}set record=+Sent

fcc-hook . /home/ben/Mail/sent-mail

}=}mbox-hook suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx$ +Suse
}=}mbox-hook snort-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx$ +snort
}=}mbox-hook netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx$ +netfilter

Sorry, I use procmail to do this. With Mutt changing as much as it
does..somethings get broken from version to version as I have seen on
the mutt-users list. Procmail has always worked for this. If you want to
know how to set up procmail rules for this. I can help you with that.

Regards,
--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx