Re: [SLE] Tried everything - Printer still not working
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 21:54:04 -0500
A thought. Looking through the list archives, I've got the same problem (same symptoms exactly) as systems where CUPS was installed. My problems started after an auto-update through yast2. Is it possible that I got a CUPS update without knowing it? Since I have the personal version of 7.1, I shouldn't have CUPS.

Jim

Jim Sabatke wrote:

Robert Sweet wrote:

<snip>

Have you tried running the apsfilter SETUP program in
/var/lib/apsfilter?

Yeah, I've run that and used the laserjet 4l, which is the printer I have.

--
Jim Sabatke
SuSE 7.1 Linux

Full many a gem of purest ray serene, The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear; Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air. --Thomas Gray

< Previous Next >