Re: [SLE] SuSE pricing and upgrades
  • From: Jeffrey Taylor <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:41:58 -0500
Cheap updates are available. I updated Samba last night via FTP.
SuSE continues to make available updates for several years. For me,
the biggest cost of new versions is the days to reconfigure
everything. The money is a smaller part.

I think there was a upgrade version for 7.0. The retailers wouldn't
carry it, so you had to order direct and pay full list price, which
was just about street price for the full version. Guess what
happened.

Jeffrey

--
I don't do Windows and I don't come to work before nine.
-- Johnny Paycheck