Re: [SLE] 7.1 - Printing stopped working
  • From: Juergen Braukmann <juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 15:50:04 +0200
Jim Sabatke wrote:

> My printing was working fine under 7.1 until last week. Now I can't
> print from programs or the command line (lpr). I have been routinely
> updating patches through YAST 2.
>
> I get mail messages with the following text:
>
> apsfilter: unable to print job reply_offer.txt
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I have checked the SuSE support dbase.

Hi Jim,

it's all a bit vague, isn't it? I guess running SuSEconfig did flip some
permissions (in combination with the install?!) that did it.
Do things work as root? I am still in the trauma that rc.config was rw
to root only, but sourced by apsfilter for a variable.
Try to cat to /dev/lp0 to narrow possibilities for failiures.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __

  • No further messages