Re: [SLE] Just For Fun
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:22:53 -0700
* LenZ Grimmer (grimmer@xxxxxxx) [010503 14:17]:
}=}On Thu, 3 May 2001, Morsal Roudbay wrote:
}=}
}=}> Give ximian a chance. (www.ximian.com)
}=}>
}=}> I am using it now and it's very nice, especially the desktop and the file
}=}> manager called Nautilus.
}=}
}=}I beg to differ. Ximian might have added some nice eyecandy, but Nautilus
}=}is mainly created by the Eazel folks. However, it is dog slow (IMHO!) and
}=}not quite as intuitive as Konqueror. In addition to that, it gets my
}=}system load up to 4-5 and I have no clue what it was doing there.
}=}
}=}Been there, done that, went back to KDE :)
}=}
}=} LenZ
}=}
}=}P.S. Yes, this was a troll :)

It's the Medusa indexing tool that Nautilus uses. It runs all the bloody
time. I don't know why they couldn't have just used the locate db ..
since most Linux systems come with this by default. I was a big Gnome
fan, but the last 6 months or so...I just don't see why I was. KDE2 is
much more functional and stable. Konqueror is 100X better then
Nautilus..and it is not dependent on Mozilla to do it's web browsing..

My 0.02.
--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx