RE: [SLE] FW: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
  • From: "crrey" <crrey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 23:15:26 -0500
I thought the vendors were supposed to accomidate the clientele. If they
want a computer without an os then they should get one. But then again were
talkin M$ here. The vendors want to supply the customer with the leading
market share product, unfortunately that's Windblows. The only way they can
get a license to do so is on M$' term - and we know what those are. The part
that bugs me is that they are willing to sacrifice sales to those that don't
want an OS pre-installed. That's just not smart.

When will they realize that they have the power to sell what the customer
wants? M$ has probably imtimidated them so much that they are worried that
if M$ finds out that they are selling comps without an os that they will get
their license jerked - the wonderfully vague license agreement! You know the
one that M$ set up so that when asked about they can twist anyway that suits
them. The license agreement that baffles even the most savvy lawyers. The
license that scares the S#$% out of the vendors 'cause they can't figure it
out either.