Maximum Frustration - Printer not working
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:38:02 -0500
I'm still having a printer problem. I can't print from applications or the command line (lpr); in either case I get an email:

apsfilter: unable to print job reply_offer.txt

I've tried re-setting up the printer in Yast 2 and 1. In Yast 2 the test print ("hello world") to lp0 works, but there is no /dev/lp0. Here are the lp? files I have in /dev/

jim@yoda:~ > ll /dev/lp?
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 0 Jan 19 02:35 /dev/lp0
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 1 Jan 19 02:35 /dev/lp1
crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 2 Jan 19 02:35 /dev/lp2
jim@yoda:~ >
Yast2 always gives an error that no lp0 exists, even after setting up a print queue.

This all started happening after an auto-update of software through Yast2. The printer was working fine after the initial 7.1 install.

Please help,

--
Jim Sabatke
SuSE 7.1 Linux

Full many a gem of purest ray serene, The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear; Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air. --Thomas Gray

< Previous Next >