Re: [SLE] RealTek Network Card and SuSE 7.1
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:39:02 -0700
Hello,

If you have bought this card at the retail store it should have a floppy with
the proper driver file rlt8139.o
Just drop this file into /usr/src/linux/modules/net. It should replace your
original buggy rlt8139.o file. Compile this driver into kernel and everything
should be OK. I'm running this card with 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 kernels without any
problem. If you don't have a floppy with the driver just let me know and I'll
send you one.

Regards.
Alex

> BrĂ¡ulio Weimann Gergull wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > John Griffin wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Gang,
> > >
> > > Bringing up a new install of 7.1 on an HP Kayak XU800 with a RealTek
RTL8139
> > > NIC card.
> > >
> > > I installed from an ftp server after selecting the RealTek RTL8129/8139
NIC