Re: [SLE] [NEWS] When will SuSE have XFS support?
On Wednesday 02 May 2001 12:33 pm, Mads Martin Jørgensen wrote:
> * Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx> [May 01. 2001 20:49]:
> > * Mads Martin Jørgensen [Tue, 1 May 2001 17:01:37 -0700]:
> > >BTW -- I've been running XFS as my root fs for 6 weeks now.
> >
> > And? Curious minds like to know ;-)
>
> Well -- no bugs, crashes etc. Runs like a charm. It is on my laptop, so
> wrt performance I cannot say anything. And logrecovery is really fast.
> Seems to me as a good fs, and I'll not be surprised if it makes it into
> the kernel pretty soon.
>
> There's still some issues with it though; it is a port of the Irix XFS,
> so it is not really finished yet. Haven't looked into 1.0 yet though.

I have a question wrt XFS... does it have the extended attributes, as ext2
does? So you can set the t bit, etc? ReiserFS doesn't, and it bothers me. If
XFS does, then that is a step in the right direction.

Thanks for any info,
Steven

< Previous Next >