Re: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
  • From: Ken Hughes <kenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 08:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
Yesterday, Apr 30, Stuart Powell wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> I just wanted to see what trouble I could stir up this evening with an
> article I found this morning. I'm surprised Fred didn't send it on. If you
> don't think of MS as the Evil Empire yet, this may well push you over the
> edge.

I saw this one yesterday too. I think the funniest part of the whole thing
is the absolutely ridiculous "prizes". Considering they are only targeting
consumers buying 250+ PC's per quote, we're dealing with the larger PC
shops, such as Gateway, Dell, etc. (possibly other clone shops, but
doubtful). My question is this: What the hell is some sales manager at
Dell going to want with 5 M$ games?! Do they really think that the cost of
5 stupid games is greater than the revenues generated by a major customer,
that they would most certainly lose if they found out they were "turned
in" to the M$ license police?

This is definitely a new low for even Micro$oft..

Ken

--
"We can build a better operating system than Linux"

--Microsoft VP Jim Allchin