PCMCIA Networking & CD Rom Burner
  • From: Shane A Broomhall <shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 21:47:07 +1000

Hi All,

I have just recently moved to Linux, currently Red Hat, but I will be moving to
SUSE 7.1 over this weekend. Now that I have got a couple of minor problems
fixed.

I have purchased a D-link DFE-650TXD 10/100 Ethernet pc card and it has been
sold as working with Linux. I have checked the Dlink website and there is no
mention of Linux at all. I am hoping that someone might be able to help with
some hints on where to get started with getting a PCMCIA network card to work
with Linux.

I have purchased the book "Linux on Laptops" but it mentions to use the
provided drivers, alas there are none. Does someone have some idea of what
drivers might work with this card and where to find them.

I am also in the future hoping to get a PCMCIA HP cd burner working, is this
possible, I am hoping that the answer is yes. if not it wont be such a problem
as a network card. I have several PCMCIA network cards so if anyone has some
hints they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shane Broomhall