RE: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
  • From: "crrey" <crrey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 01:19:52 -0500
Ya, but what about the windows disk bought independently of a computer - the
boxed copy. As long as it's one the only computer I'm using then there's
not a damn thing they can do about it. Beside, my dad was a cop in San
Diego for over 30 years and I can see his reaction (snickering profusely)
when he sees a warrent to search for of confiscate a computer for
misdemeanor possession of two computers with on Microsoft lincensed cd
installed on a second computer. And let's not even start with the judges
and the DA's opinion of clogging up the court dockets with end-user
violation for putting a copy of what they thought was their own personal
Window 98/Me cd on their second computer. Talk about Linux and Mac
converts! This may be the best thing we could have hoped for. Why put so
much effort into trying to convince people that Windows is a overprice piece
of crap and that other OSes are more stable? Microsoft will be sending them
over in droves if they push it to the extreme.