Re: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
  • From: Jeffrey Taylor <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:52:30 -0500
They can send the PC police over, however, without a search warrant,
you don't have to let them in. If they can convince a judge of
probable cause, then they can get a search warrant. It is doubtful
that they will pursue this for a petty theft charge (1 Window
license). Now if there is a dozen or a hundred computers, it's grand
theft and now you are talking real money.

IANAL,
Jeffrey

--
I don't do Windows and I don't come to work before nine.
-- Johnny Paycheck