Re: [SLE] /etc/ppp/ip-up
  • From: damianks@xxxxxxxxxx (Damian Slavek)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 01:01:03 -0500 (CDT)

> I went and uncommented the last two lines shown here that are in
> /etc/ppp/ip-up
>
> #maybe you want to start some mail services:
> #set follow variables in /etc/rc.config
> # SENDMAIL_TYPE="yes"
> # SENDMAIL_SMARTHOST="smtp:mailserver.myisp.net"
> # SENDMAIL_ARGS="-bd -om"
> # SENDMAIL_EXPENSIVE="yes"
> # SENDMAIL_NOCANONIFY="yes"
> /usr/bin/fetchmail -a -v >>/var/log/fetchmail 2>&1 &
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -q &
>
> The uncommented lines are exactly as shown in ip-up.
> I still have to run the commands fetchmail and sendmail by hand to get
> anything to go in or out, but they are both already running as daemons.

Actually, my fetchmail seems to be working fine, I just had to change the
poll time. I still can't get sendmail to send my mail right away. What I
would like it to do is:
1. When I am offline simply spool the mail till the next time I
connect, if I am offline it is usually for a reason and I don't want a
connection initiated.
2. When I an online send my mail as soon as I hit <control>X (I am
using pine).

Is there a way I could do this? I know I can do it some how with the
settings in /etc/rc.config, but what would be a good way of doing this?

Once again, Thank you all for the help.