RE: [SLE] samba network server locking up an big file transfers

Hi,

> > got a samba/nfs server that locks up when copy/transferring large
> files.
> > Small files copy ok.
> > Large files just sort of hang up , both on both ends. on the machine
> > (client) the copy procedure just hangs and the process menter just
> sticks
> > there. One the server end it locks up.

I have just started having this problem. I used to have just two machines
(one win and one Linux) networked with just one BNC cable, everything went
fine. As I have just added another couple of machines, I have upgraded the
network to a hub and RJ45 cables, and this problem has just started to
happen. I have noticed that it always happens when the utilisation LED's on
my hub go up to 100% for more than a few seconds. It only happens when
going from win -> Linux not the otherway round. I normally have to reboot
windows to resume normal operation.

Cheers

Phil