[SLE] Re: Modules
  • From: jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Porter)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:06:07 -0600

* Jon Pennington <jpennington@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Having the modules load automagically, you may need to do some research. `man
> modules.conf' and the Kernel Module HOWTO are probably the best places to
> start.

I typed 'man modules.conf' and nothing happened. On my machine it is called
'conf.modules'.

I can't seem to find a Kernel Module HOWTO. A search for "kernel module
howto" on Google only returned one hit, which was completely uninformative. I
looked at linuxdoc.org and couldn't seem to find anything. I doubt you meant
the Kernel Howto because its module section looks quite old.

Perhaps you meant the 'Linux Modules Installation mini-HowTo' but it doesn't
mention modules.conf or conf.modules once.

_David